HCA Maintains Annual NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) Recognition
- Posted on: Sep 23 2021
Hunterdon Cardiovascular Associates (HCA) is proud to announce that we have maintained our recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) across all three of our locations and for all of our providers. This recognition confirms our commitment to consistent quality, as certain requirements must be met for us to continue achieving this certification year after year. Good care is integral to our values and our patient care delivery, and we see our recognition as a direct reflection of that.
What Does This Recognition Mean?
In a Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP), care is centered around the patient at every level and opportunity. Everyone in the practice works as a team to coordinate care with your primary doctor, other referring clinicians, community resources and services as needed.
Proven benefits of using a PCSP include:
- Integrated care produces better outcomes. Organized care on behalf of our patients and family members is one of our main priorities, reducing risk and improving results.
- Improved quality of care. Hunterdon Cardiovascular Associates has found the optimal balance in achieving the “triple aim” of better quality, better patient experience and reduced overall cost to both patients and the health care system.
- Superior management of chronic conditions. Research shows that these conditions are managed better and have better outcomes in a medical home.
- More efficient practice. Timely and appropriate referrals and consultations are achieved through the superior coordination and communication efforts of our team.
What Is NCQA?
The National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA) is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality.
- NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations and manages the evolution of HEDIS®, the performance measurement tool used by more than 90 percent of the nation’s health plans.
- The Recognition Programs are built on evidence-based, nationally recognized clinical standards of care and determine whether clinicians and practices support the delivery of high-quality care.
- The official NCQA directory of Recognized Practices can be accessed at https://reportcards.ncqa.org/practices.
Schedule A Consultation
To schedule a consultation at one of HCA’s NCQA accredited locations, call (908) 788-1710 today! We serve patients from Flemington, Bridgewater, Clinton and surrounding areas in New Jersey!
Posted in: Uncategorized