HCA Offers an On-site Licensed Pharmacist
At HCA, we are committed to providing our patients with all of the services necessary to ensure proper heart care and health. Medications can be difficult to navigate, which is why we have a pharmacist on-site and ready to assist you and your family. This service is especially helpful after emergency room visits, hospital stays and during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Our licensed on-site PharmD benefits you or your family by:
- Providing one-on-one consultations as needed
- Identifying recent changes in medications, which could lead to confusion, side effects and potential danger in overmedicating, especially after recent emergency room visits and hospital stays
- Educating individuals and/or family members regarding why certain medications are taken and how they may help you or your loved ones
- Assisting in overcoming barriers in both affordability and transportation in obtaining medications
- Ensuring, when appropriate, lab testing is obtained to monitor the safety of certain medications
- Providing patient assistance in all medication-related questions and concerns
- Assisting with filling pill boxes/organizers
Hunterdon Cardiovascular Associates is always here to care for the needs of your heart. Please contact us today if you have any questions about heart health, pharmaceutical questions, or would like to make an appointment with one of our specialists.