Hunterdon Cardiovascular Associates Achieves NCQA Tier 3 Accreditation
- Posted on: Jan 17 2019
Hunterdon Cardiovascular Associates Achieves NCQA Patient Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) Tier 3 Accreditation
What is NCQA Patient Centered Specialty Practice Recognition?
A Patient Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) focuses on proactive coordination and sharing information. The practice works as a team to coordinate care with your primary doctor, other referring clinicians, community resources and services as needed.
We organize care on behalf of our patients and family members to reduce risk and improve outcomes, as well as improving quality of life and patient needs. Specialty practices are required to organize care across all practices and patient visits—centering care on the patient, instead of on the care setting.
- Integrated care produces better outcomes. A PCSP ensures strong communication between primary care practices and specialists.
- Improved quality of care. Hunterdon Cardiovascular Associates plays a key role in achieving the “triple aim” of better quality, better patient experience and reduced overall cost to both patients and the health care system
- PCSPs allow patients to receive the most comprehensive coordinated care. This ensures the best possible outcomes for patients, reduced emergency room visits, and improved patient experience.
- Better management of chronic conditions. Research shows that these conditions are managed better in a medical home
- Better communication with practice. NCQA PCSP Recognition promotes effective coordination and communication between specialists and primary care providers. This ensures timely and appropriate referrals and consultations
What is NCQA?
The National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA) is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality.
- NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations and manages the evolution of HEDIS®, the performance measurement tool used by more than 90 percent of the nation’s health plans.
- NCQA’s mission is to improve the quality of health care.
- The Recognition Programs assesses whether clinicians and practices support the delivery of high-quality care and are built on evidence-based, nationally recognized clinical standards of care.
- The official NCQA directory of Recognized Clinicians can be accessed at https://recognition.ncqa.org.
Schedule a Consultation
Posted in: Uncategorized